Sunday, February 6, 2011

Legalize it...

"If you hate gay marriage it is really because you hate gay love..."

Human Rights is a huge passion of mine. I believe that we are all equal beings and therefore should all be afforded the same rights.

*Step on Soapbox*

One of these human rights issues I feel strongly about is the legalization of Gay Marriage. It angers me that people are so against it and I have trouble grasping why. It makes me sad that not everyone has the same ability to marry as I did and it exacerbates me that while a loving couple of the same sex that has been together forever can't get married but Britney Spears can get married for 55 hours. I mean really, is that the "sanctity of marriage" that everyone refers to?

* Step off Soapbox*

Ok, so I am done but I really want to leave you with a very moving speech by a young man in Iowa. I am still wiping the tears from my eyes.






And while I am at it I am hitting the "purchase now" button on this little ditty... I think it adequately expresses my feelings on the matter.





1 comment:

DSS said...

Wow. That video was something. Good for him!! What a charming young man :)

And I love that T. I expect to see you wear it to the next wine group meeting! It will be a wonderful topic of conversation.