Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grocery List..redux.

So I woke up this morning fully expecting the world outside my window to be completed covered is a thick layer of ice making it impossible for me to go to work today. Unfortunately, there was just rain. YUCK. So much for that "wintery mix" they kept discussing in detail on the news.

So I got up, got ready, and made my way into work without evening checking my voicemail to make sure the office was still open.... why would it close for rain, right?

So I am now sitting in an empty office that is closed. Sweet.

I am planning on leaving in an hour after I make some phone calls, cancel some meetings I had today, and blog about my grocery list. AH my list. Normally making my grocery list is a involved routine. I get stressed out, spend hours in the store, and come out feeling like all I want to do is shove the frozen pizza and chips that I just purchased into my mouth.




I have decided this week to try something new. Instead of making meal plans and buying according to the recipes, I am just going to buy a bunch of ingredients (and a frozen pizza) and see what I can whip up this week. I also want to preface this by saying I have decided that I am giving up red meat. It just clogs me up, horrendous I know.

Here is my grocery list:

Broccoli Florets

Tomato (3)

Organic Spinach

Frozen Asian Vegetables

Smart Ones Desserts (2)

Grapefruit

3 Lemons

Organic Romaine

Frozen Sugar Snap Peas

Shrimp

Tilapia (Frozen)

Organic Skinless, Boneless Chicken

Ground Turkey

Organic Tomato Soup

Organic Broccoli Soup

Light Feta Cheese

Artichoke Hearts

Slim Fast (for breakfast)

Organic Skim Milk

Light Greek Yogurt

Cucumber

Dill

Light Yogurt (12)

Edamame in Pod

Diet Coke

Flavored Club Soda

Whole Grain Bread

Whole Wheat Tortilla

Oat Cluster Cheerios

Organic Black bean Soup

Non Fat Sour Cream

Whole Wheat Tortilla Chips

Salsa

Whole Wheat Pasta

Healthy Choice Garden Pasta

Paper Towels

Meyers Clean Day House Cleaner


Beaujolais (2 Bottles)

Frozen Pizza (Friday Night Treat)

The good thing is that even though I went to the office this morning I managed to get some things done AND will be able to do my shopping on the way home. This will also give me a chance to clean my apartment, get all my laundry done, FINALLY watch my Blockbuster Movie "The Wild Bunch" AND catch up on my reading. I love snow days when I can finally get my life in order again. I might even clean my closet.


Maybe.

No comments: