So I spent the first hour of my work day crying. It was a sad and depressing sight and I totally broke my "don't let them see you sweat rule". Luckily, the break down happened in private but my face looked like hell for the next hour and I think I had a large booger in my left nostril.
After my breakdown occured though I realized that something has got to give. I am not half as busy as most of my friends but I lack the basic skill of stress and time management.
Instead of hashing everything out, I am just going to ride it out and set some rules for dealing with all that is going on.
1. I am NOT going to let anything get in the way of my fitness routine - I need some kind of stress release. I am also going to nourish my body with healthy food and not fall into the trap of eating whatever is easiest.
2. Since money is tight I need to get a second job. With 4 weddings, showers galore (including a baby shower) and a wedding of my own I need extra income - I refuse to max out my credit card.
3. I need to make work my biggest priority. With staff cuts and the need for us to bring in more income then ever before in one of the worst economic climates I need to devote everything I can to be productive, successful, and do "less with more".
4. I need to remember to have fun.
5. I need to take time alone for myself everyday - reading, writing, crafting, cooking or creating.
6. I need to be very coherent of everything that is expected of me - personally and professionally - and make sure I am getting everything done in a timely manner. If not, I will have a mental breakdown from the guilt.
Hopefully with these rules guiding my life, I can usher in a new era of saneness.