Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Girl Crush

pop.pop.




(portrait courtesy of Lisa Warninger Photography from Urban Weeds PDX Street Style)


Alert... my new obsession .. Gretchen Jones from Project Runway. Not only is the painfully hip, awesomely indie and incredibly beautiful but my husbands loves to refer to her as Saint Vincent. I know there was something I loved about her that I simply could not put my finger on.

Reasons why I love Gretchen:

1. She is from Portland, OR ( When Tim Gunn visited her there I was so impressed with the limited shots they gave us of the city. It looks so amazing and I would LOVE to visit.)
2. Her designs are incredible (more about that later)
3. She listens to sweet tunes (She lists Yeasayer among her favorites)
4. She is not afraid to speak her mind.
5. I want her hair cut: --------------------------------->
6. She exudes casual cool.
7. She only uses natural fabrics.
8. She pulls inspiration from the Southwest. Throughout Project Runway she has the most amazing jewelry. It reminds me of our trip to Santa Fe. I picked up some amazing pieces there. Too bad I was only 14 and did not appreciate them as much as I do now.

The great thing about this.......

SHE HAS HER OWN CLOTHING LINE. Is is called MothLove and stalk that site everyday looking for something, anything that might go on sale.

My favorite thing on the site right now for Spring 2010 (I know..late)- as impractical as it is... a silk body suit.

Yes, a body suit....





So please, pop on over to MothLove and make certain to check out the ML Loves Section. It is chock full of great music and designers that inspire Miss Jones.


UPDATE: Stalking around the site I found that she has recently posted her Fall/Winter 2010 line. Here are some of my favorites. I think I am in love... again.







(the purse is from S/S 2010)



No comments: